On July 29th, 2017, I will be reading various nautical stories (including excerpts from my recent novel At the Waterline) from the deck of a sailboat along the west and east waterfront docks near downtown Portland. The reading event is sponsored by the Island Sailing Club. It was recently highlighted in the Sunday Oregonian along with this author interview.
The sailboat readings on 7/29 will start at 10:00 am in the small bay just downstream of the Hawthorne Bridge and just upstream of Riverplace Marina. The final reading location will be on the public transient dock (the Kevin J Duckworth Memorial Dock) at the north end of the East Bank Esplanade at 2:00 pm. Look for the sailing vessel labeled “Story Boat” on the west bank from 10:00 am to 11:00 am and on the east bank between noon and 2:00 pm.
List of locations and times for Saturday 7/29 sailboat readings on the Willamette River:
- River Place Marina Breakwater Dock – 10:00am
- OMSI submarine dock on the east bank – 11:00am
- Light Watercraft Dock – Just south of Hawthorne bridge on Eastbank Esplanade – 12:00am
- Madison Street Dock on Eastbank Esplanade – 1:00pm
- Kevin J Duckworth Memorial Dock – 2:00pm
Many thanks to the Island Sailing Club for sponsoring this reading and providing a 22-ft Catalina for the event.